£67 - 75 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Are you an ambitious graduate considering a career in education? Are you seeking classroom experience in secondary schools? If so, we want to hear from you!
Teaching Personnel are seeking to appoint a committed and hard-working graduate to work as a Cover Supervisor in Secondary Schools in Halifax (UK). The successful candidate will share the ethos and values of the diverse community and have a passion for supporting children and young people. The successful candidate will benefit from a close-knit and supportive department at this well established school, working in an environment that fosters hard work and creativity. You will also have excellent behaviour management skills and a willingness to learn and develop your skills within the classroom.
Requirements for the role:
- Degree level education or above
- Experience with children and young people
- DBS check on the Update Service or be willing to get one
As a Cover Supervisor you will:
- Supervise and cover lessons in the absence of the classroom teacher
- Supporting pupils to engage in learning in the absence of their classroom teacher
- Having an adaptable approach to work with flexible working hours
- Being creative in your approach in guiding pupils through pre-planned objectives
- A passion for education and supporting children
- Embodying the school’s values and maintaining the school’s behavioural standards
This position is well suited to a candidate who has front of class experience as well as those seeking more experience in the classroom.
If this role sounds well suited to your skills and experience please apply below or contact Leah at to be considered.
Alternatively, if you are looking for similar jobs in an area more local to you, please visit for a full listing of jobs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.