£10.20 - 12.00 per hour
Temporary | Part Time
Emily at Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting school trained staff to work at a secondary school in Kirkham who exclusively work with Teaching Personnel
Cover supervisors & support staff are suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
A support role varies significantly depending on whether the role is undertaken in a primary, secondary or special school. The role should not require any active teaching, marking or planning.
Duties may include:
• Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy.
• Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
• Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
• Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
• Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising Skills and experience you'll need.
• Good communications skills
• To be highly flexible
• To enjoy working with young people
A cover supervision role is also suitable for Qualified Teachers, Teaching Assistants, HLTA's and classroom support staff looking to work on a flexible/ part time basis. If you think you would be suitable for this role or would like any further information, please apply via the link.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.