£67 - 80 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Do you have strong behaviour management skills and a passion for working with children? Are you looking for your new role within the education sector? If so, I would like to hear from you!
On behalf of a well-established secondary school in the LS6 area of Leeds, we are seeking to appoint a pro-active Behaviour Support Worker, motivated to make a difference and nurture children's learning journeys. The role will require you to support with classroom based tasks and also work on a 1:1 and small-group basis supporting the children emotionally and with their education and learning.
Experience with disengaged children in an education setting is desired, however thosw with relevant experience with behaviour management e.g. Security officer are also welcomed to apply. This is an incredibly rewarding role that demands a dedicated, passionate individual wanting to fully commit to the position.
You will also be supported by our specialist SEND Team who all come from backgrounds in education and knowledge of the current market.
DBS on the Update Service or be willing to have one
Relevant experience in behaviour management
As a behaviour support worker, you will:
- show resilience in managing difficult behaviours and driving positive outcomes
- have the ability to engage children at different abilities in their learning
- possess a calming and friendly manor, responding sensitively to children’s needs
- be proactive in supporting the social and emotional welfare of children
- be an effective communicator as part of a team and developing an open and honest relationship with the children
- recognise barriers to learning and motivate the children to bridge gaps in their learning
Those with training or experience using Positive Handling Strategies (e.g. Team Teach) are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate may also benefit from extra training from Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.